When evaluating the concept of an everyday interaction occurring between individuals, there's an opportunity to be able to develop an image/perception for someone to be able to understand. Whether it may relate to a company, an idea, a place, a person, or some concept being presented to a particular audience, a story must be told in order to be able to gain interest through the presentation. Public relations may fall within the realm of communications with regards to potential career paths, but it can even be viewed as some form of art within my own mindset approaching it.
When I first began my studies within the Communications field, I originally intended on heading down the path towards broadcast journalism due to my previous experience of working with the WSJP Student Broadcasting program throughout my years at St. Joseph's Preparatory High School. This assisted with my ability to learn how to connect with my audiences as well as analyzing information collected through the various football and basketball games covered and presenting it in an appealing manner that would be shared through our online broadcast. Despite changing career paths, the skills and lessons that I learned throughout this time still remain important to me to this day.
I'm currently building a stronger foundation for my public relations background through my current position of Communications director of the University Student Senate of Saint Joseph's University. I've been able to develop strategic plans with regards to social media posts, as well as tabling within the Campion Student Senate. I've also worked with graphic designing programs such as Canva, and expanded on this through core courses that worked with Adobe designing programs as well.
I am determined to adapt and grow into the Public Relations environment and am prepared to learn from all professionals willing to give me the opportunity to learn and work with them. I want to firmly plant the name of Steven Bradley on strong ground within the world of PR.Digital copy of my resume available, click here!
To hear a little bit of a reflective piece regarding working on this page as well as the class as a whole, click here!
- Minor in Marketing and Art
- Recipient of Ignatian College Connection Scholarship (based off of program participation during my high school years and represent a diverse group of students who are academically successful, but also committed to the University mission through participation, leadership, and service within the Saint Joseph’s community.)
Saint Joseph's Preparatory High School, Philadelphia, PA
Diploma, June 2016
- Hired by the Admissions Department to serve as a tour guide for prospective families and visitors of the campus.
- Currently serves as a tour captain for assigned weekly shifts (beginning fall semester of 2018).
- Assisted with development of written communications to be distributed to all participating plan providers.
- Reviewed and edited provider guidance materials to ensure consistent, accurate messaging.
- Reviewed 10 affiliated health plan provider websites for consistency and usability.
- Created and maintained reports of member materials and events scheduled throughout the year through the use of Microsoft Office Tools (primarily Excel and Word).
- Proofread reports on incentives being offered throughout the lines of businesses for AmeriHealth.
- Wrote articles/pieces for upcoming member materials on three different subjects: lead poisoning (Fall Newsletter- Keystone), post-partum depression (behavioral/physical health promotion), and Internet safety (Healthy Families, Safe Communities).
- Overlooks the USS Budget in order to ensure money is being spent on various initiatives and events that benefit the entire SJU Student Body.
- Serves the as the chair of the Student Budget Allocations Committee (SBAC), ensuring proper financial support for all registered student organizations and clubs on campus.
- Overlooks full operations of the organization on-campus and ensures that BSU properly serves all current and potential members throughout the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Organized and continually ensuring the entire BSU executive board is operating efficiently as well as making sure they feel properly supported within their respective roles.
- Currently serves as the Historian for the Zeta Iota Chapter of Phi Sigma Pi. Primarily in charge of keeping track of the history of events occurring within this current year as well as ones from previous years.
- Captures images and videos of chapter throughout 2019 in order to display end-of-semester collections for the brotherhood.
- Currently plays for the school's club rugby team on both the 15's and 7's team, with previous experience dating back to my freshman year of high school.
- Served as one of the upperclassman leaders for three-day spiritual retreat for freshmen. Led a small group as well as delivered a talk to encourage freshmen throughout the rest of their first year.